Grants from 2019 are still being collected and indexed; figures will change once the data is updated.
out of $146.3 Million
for all peace and security
Median Grant Size: $15,318
- Comic Relief
- $1.7 M
- Wellspring Philanthropic Fund, Inc.
- $960.0 K
- The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- $500.0 K
- Oak Foundation
- $460.0 K
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- $300.0 K
- American Jewish World Service
- $282.1 K
- Fund for Global Human Rights, Inc.
- $192.5 K
- $167.1 K
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- $150.0 K
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Inc.
- $130.0 K
- The Sigrid Rausing Trust
- $128.3 K
- Ford Foundation
- $120.0 K
- Euro-Mediterranean Foundation of Support to Human Rights Defenders
- $96.0 K
- King Baudouin Foundation United States
- $86.2 K
- Cisco Systems Foundation
- $75.0 K
- Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUSC)
- $59.5 K
- The Tinker Foundation Inc.
- $54.0 K
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- $50.0 K
- Mama Cash
- $44.7 K
- Equality Fund
- $34.2 K
- UHAI EASHRI
- $31.0 K
- $29.2 K
- Ukrainian Women's Fund
- $19.8 K
- United States Institute of Peace
- $18.6 K
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- $15.4 K
Starting in 2014, the Open Society Foundations’ grants data is reported by and attributed to the individual legal entities that constitute the Foundations. Prior to 2014, grantmaking from these funders are collectively attributed to ‘Open Society Foundations’.
Funding for General Support15% $856,805 22 Grants = 27%
The Achelis and Bodman Foundation
awarded a grant for $10,000 to American Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East
For refugees in Iraq and Syria.
Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Inc.
awarded a grant for $50,000 to Urban Justice Center
For its Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
awarded a grant for $1,000,000 to CARE USA
To respond to the emergency needs of the refugees and returnees from Nigeria in the Diffa Region of Niger.