out of $328.2 Million
for all peace and security
Median Grant Size: $22,950
- NoVo Foundation
- $1.9 M
- Ford Foundation
- $1.1 M
- The National Lottery Community Fund
- $1.0 M
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- $1.0 M
- The UN Trust Fund to End Violence Against Women
- $948.4 K
- Central Valley Community Foundation
- $890.0 K
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- $850.0 K
- The Skoll Foundation
- $700.0 K
- National Endowment for Democracy
- $681.4 K
- American Jewish World Service - Donor Advised Funds
- $650.0 K
- The International Development Research Centre
- $587.0 K
- Peace Direct
- $571.9 K
- Paul Hamlyn Foundation
- $468.7 K
- Foundation to Promote Open Society
- $334.7 K
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- $250.0 K
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy Inc.
- $245.5 K
- Oak Foundation
- $240.0 K
- Fund for Global Human Rights, Inc.
- $202.2 K
- Ukrainian Women's Fund
- $177.6 K
- The Leichtag Foundation
- $170.7 K
- The Sigrid Rausing Trust
- $152.9 K
- Euro-Mediterranean Foundation of Support to Human Rights Defenders
- $119.9 K
- Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUSC)
- $106.5 K
- Flora Family Foundation
- $100.0 K
- The Grainger Foundation Inc.
- $100.0 K
Starting in 2014, the Open Society Foundations’ grants data is reported by and attributed to the individual legal entities that constitute the Foundations. Prior to 2014, grantmaking from these funders are collectively attributed to ‘Open Society Foundations’.
Funding for General Support5% $744,165 17 Grants = 11%
The Achelis and Bodman Foundation
awarded a grant for $10,000 to American Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East
For refugees in Iraq and Syria.
Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Inc.
awarded a grant for $50,000 to Urban Justice Center
For its Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
awarded a grant for $1,000,000 to CARE USA
To respond to the emergency needs of the refugees and returnees from Nigeria in the Diffa Region of Niger.