out of $357.1 Million
for all peace and security
Median Grant Size: $25,000
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- $3.5 M
- $2.7 M
- NoVo Foundation
- $2.4 M
- Foundation to Promote Open Society
- $1.4 M
- The International Development Research Centre
- $824.7 K
- Comic Relief UK
- $781.6 K
- American Jewish World Service
- $748.0 K
- The Oak Foundation
- $650.0 K
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- $500.0 K
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- $500.0 K
- Humanity United
- $340.0 K
- The Sigrid Rausing Trust
- $258.1 K
- King Baudouin Foundation United States, Inc.
- $233.5 K
- $217.1 K
- National Endowment for Democracy
- $200.4 K
- Euro-Mediterranean Foundation of Support to Human Rights Defenders
- $159.1 K
- $140.8 K
- New Israel Fund
- $108.3 K
- Fund For Global Human Rights, Inc.
- $100.0 K
- Ford Foundation
- $80.0 K
- Arab Human Rights Fund
- $77.0 K
- The Coca-Cola Foundation, Inc.
- $75.0 K
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- $70.0 K
- Foundation for Middle East Peace
- $59.9 K
- Global Fund for Children
- $55.0 K
Starting in 2014, the Open Society Foundations’ grants data is reported by and attributed to the individual legal entities that constitute the Foundations. Prior to 2014, grantmaking from these funders are collectively attributed to ‘Open Society Foundations’.
Funding for General Support5% $743,572 25 Grants = 22%
The Achelis and Bodman Foundation
awarded a grant for $10,000 to American Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East
For refugees in Iraq and Syria.
Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Inc.
awarded a grant for $50,000 to Urban Justice Center
For its Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
awarded a grant for $1,000,000 to CARE USA
To respond to the emergency needs of the refugees and returnees from Nigeria in the Diffa Region of Niger.