out of $435.4 Million
for all peace and security
Median Grant Size: $28,797
- Oak Foundation
- $2.8 M
- Ford Foundation
- $2.6 M
- NoVo Foundation
- $2.3 M
- Tides Foundation
- $1.6 M
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- $1.0 M
- Humanity United
- $723.9 K
- Comic Relief UK
- $675.1 K
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- $660.0 K
- The International Development Research Centre
- $596.5 K
- Open Society Institute
- $583.0 K
- Foundation for a Just Society
- $450.0 K
- Foundation to Promote Open Society
- $426.2 K
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- $400.0 K
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- $400.0 K
- Wellspring Philanthropic Fund, Inc.
- $360.0 K
- Annenberg Foundation
- $300.0 K
- Hickey Family Foundation
- $250.0 K
- The Charitable Foundation
- $237.2 K
- The Sigrid Rausing Trust
- $229.5 K
- The Global Fund for Women, Inc.
- $225.0 K
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Inc.
- $220.0 K
- Euro-Mediterranean Foundation of Support to Human Rights Defenders
- $211.6 K
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy Inc.
- $200.0 K
- Fund for Global Human Rights, Inc.
- $153.1 K
- Klarman Family Foundation
- $150.0 K
Starting in 2014, the Open Society Foundations’ grants data is reported by and attributed to the individual legal entities that constitute the Foundations. Prior to 2014, grantmaking from these funders are collectively attributed to ‘Open Society Foundations’.
Funding for General Support4% $817,909 17 Grants = 13%
The Achelis and Bodman Foundation
awarded a grant for $10,000 to American Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East
For refugees in Iraq and Syria.
Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Inc.
awarded a grant for $50,000 to Urban Justice Center
For its Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
awarded a grant for $1,000,000 to CARE USA
To respond to the emergency needs of the refugees and returnees from Nigeria in the Diffa Region of Niger.