out of $376.8 Million
for all peace and security
Median Grant Size: $19,274
- NoVo Foundation
- $9.3 M
- Ford Foundation
- $3.2 M
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- $3.0 M
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- $1.7 M
- The Global Fund for Women, Inc.
- $1.3 M
- Comic Relief
- $1.1 M
- The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- $850.0 K
- Catalyst for Peace
- $794.0 K
- African Women's Development Fund
- $705.2 K
- Compton Foundation, Inc.
- $688.5 K
- Wellspring Philanthropic Fund, Inc.
- $675.0 K
- One Earth Future Foundation, Inc.
- $600.5 K
- Oak Foundation
- $600.0 K
- American Jewish World Service
- $552.5 K
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- $500.0 K
- $479.7 K
- Foundation to Promote Open Society
- $458.1 K
- Mama Cash
- $417.8 K
- Mensen met een Missie
- $405.4 K
- Foundation for a Just Society
- $400.0 K
- Peace Direct
- $345.4 K
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- $300.0 K
- Fund for Global Human Rights, Inc.
- $249.0 K
- Ploughshares Fund
- $217.0 K
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Inc.
- $210.0 K
Starting in 2014, the Open Society Foundations’ grants data is reported by and attributed to the individual legal entities that constitute the Foundations. Prior to 2014, grantmaking from these funders are collectively attributed to ‘Open Society Foundations’.
Funding for General Support19% $5,984,381 95 Grants = 26%
American Jewish World Service
awarded a grant for $5,000 to Union Régionale des femmes transformatrices et commerçantes de produits halieutiques Santa Yalla
To elevate the leadership and participation of women in peacemaking efforts by running a women-led radio station that airs programs on the peacemaking process, women's rights, and gender issues in conflict.
awarded a grant for $30,000 to Donor Direct Action
To support Syrian women's organizations to gather input from their constituencies and present this information in the Geneva II peace talks on the Syrian conflict.
Howard G. Buffett Foundation
awarded a grant for $5,000,000 to International Women's Media Foundation
For support for women journalists in conflict areas.