out of $215.7 Million
for all peace and security
Median Grant Size: $39,290
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- $1.2 M
- One Earth Future Foundation, Inc.
- $601.0 K
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Inc.
- $504.8 K
- Humanity United
- $462.5 K
- Secure World Foundation
- $185.9 K
- The UPS Foundation
- $100.0 K
- Fund For Global Human Rights, Inc.
- $60.0 K
- Global Fund for Children
- $60.0 K
- National Endowment for Democracy
- $40.0 K
- Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust
- $31.7 K
- Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, Inc.
- $30.0 K
- Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting
- $5.0 K
- Urgent Action Fund for Women's Human Rights
- $4.9 K
- Ukrainian Women's Fund
Starting in 2014, the Open Society Foundations’ grants data is reported by and attributed to the individual legal entities that constitute the Foundations. Prior to 2014, grantmaking from these funders are collectively attributed to ‘Open Society Foundations’.
Funding for General Support16% $510,788 5 Grants = 18%
Stewart R. Mott Foundation
awarded a grant for $10,000 to Citizens for Global Solutions
For helping to create a strong United Nations capable of solving problems that nations cannot solve on their own.
awarded a grant for $50,000 to Chicago Council on Global Affairs
For a Task Force on NATO nuclear weapons that will examine policy options and recommendations.
awarded a grant for $100,000 to Center for Civilians In Conflict
For work on civilian protection in sub-Saharan Africa, with a specific focus on the African Union, United Nations, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and South Sudan.